The project “Interdisciplinary Research” is organized and conducted by Skoltech jointly with the Center Poncelet
The Call aims to promote scientific ideas in the area of mathematics, information technology theoretical and mathematical physics, create environment for extending research network and develop cooperation with Russian and international Universities and research centers.
The Call includes two sections:
“International Research in Moscow” (IRM) and “Domestic Research in Moscow” (DRM)
“International Research in Moscow” – for citizens of any country, being employed as academic staff in any research or educational institution outside the Russian Federation, engaging in research activities and majoring in physics, mathematics and information technology.
“Domestic Research in Moscow” – for citizens of the Russian Federation, being employed as academic staff in any research or educational institution in the Russian Federation, registered outside Moscow, engaging in research activities and majoring in physics, mathematics and information technology.
PRIORITY RESEARCH AREAS:
- statistical physics and “soft matter”;
- conformal field theory and integrable systems;
- string theory;
- complex systems science (networks, diagrams and their applications);
- topology, algebraic geometry and geometric group theory;
- information technology and bio-informatics;
- dynamical systems and probability theory;
- combinatorics and representation theory;
- arithmetic geometry and number theory;
- logics, category theory and complexity.
JURY OF THE CALL
- V. Kazakov / Ecole Normale Superieure (France)
- I.M. Krichever / Skoltech (Russia), Institute for Information Transmission Problems (Russia), Columbia University (USA)
- J.M. Maillet / Ecole Normale Superieure, Lyon (France)
- V. Rivasseau / LPT, Orsay (France)
- S. Nechaev / Center Poncelet (Russia-France)
- A.N. Sobolevski / Institute for Information Transmission Problems (Russia)
- L. Zdeborova / IPhT, CEA/CNRS (France)
- M. Kontsevich / IHES (France)
- S.K. Lando / Skoltech (Russia), IUM (Russia), Higher School of Economics (Russia)
- M. Tsfasman / Univ. Versailles (France)
- J.Mairesse / LIP6, CNRS/UPMC (France)
The Application is executed in English and includes the following documents:
- Brief description (Project title, summary, contact information, up to 1 page).
- The plan of stay in Moscow: for the section “International Research in Moscow” – up to 2 pages, including references, for the section “Domestic Research in Moscow” – up to 5 pages, including references.
- The plan of research should include the following sections:
a) conducted research on the specified topic of the Project (merit),
b) plan of research activities in Moscow,
c) expected research partners in Moscow,
d) teaching plans (lectures, seminars).
- Brief CV (curriculum vitae), including a list of available grants and participation in scientific conferences during past 5 years.
- List of publications.
Financial details are provided in Sections 4.4.1. for IRM and 4.4.2. for DRM of the REGULATIONS on the Call for Proposals
The Application can be submitted as a PDF file to the email address:
program “International Research in Moscow” – firstname.lastname@example.org
program “Domestic Research in Moscow” – email@example.com
Date and time of the start of submitting applications: June 1, 2017.
Deadline for submitting applications is prolonged (because of Summer vacations) till: September 17, 2017.